NSA BAHRAIN, Bahrain (NNS) -- The Marine Corps F-35B, Lightning II, conducted its first combat strike in the U.S. Central Command area of responsibility in support of Operation Freedom’s Sentinel in Afghanistan, Sept. 27. Read Full Story
MILAVIA - For All Military Aviation Fans
MILAVIA is dedicated to military aviation. We offer a broad range of military aviation related content for the aviation fan.
- The Air Shows section provides the airshow calendar and air show reports with photos of the flying displays.
- The Aircraft directory focuses on modern combat aircraft; fighters, ground attack aircraft and bombers in past and present service.
- The Air Forces section provides focus articles on some rarely covered air arms.
- The Specials section has various military aviation articles and photo reports covering exercises, units, and more.
- And there is much more! Enjoy!
Added: 12 Jan 2019 | Section: Specials
Report from the high profile Ukrainian Air Force exercise in 2018 with California ANG 144th FW / 194th FS F-15 Eagles deployed to the Ukrainian air base of Starokostiantyniv, home of the 7th Tactical Aviation Brigade. The resident Su-24M/MR Fencers were joined by deployed MiG-29 Fulcrums, Su-25 Frogfoots, and Su-27 Flankers.
CLEAR SKY 2018 Exercise Report
- 18 Jan - Added: USAF F-22 Heritage Flight airshows schedule 2019
- 18 Jan - Added: USAF F-22 Raptor Demo Team airshows schedule 2019
- 18 Jan - Added: USAF F-35A Lightning II Demo Team airshows schedule 2019
- 12 Jan - Added: CLEAR SKY 2018 – F-15 Eagles in Ukraine
- 08 Jan - Added: Canadian Snowbirds airshows schedule 2019
- 08 Jan - Added: CF-18 Hornet Demo airshows schedule 2019
- 30 Dec - Added: USN Blue Angels airshows schedule 2020
- 30 Dec - Added: USN Blue Angels airshows schedule 2019
- 30 Dec - Added: USAF Thunderbirds airshows schedule
- 30 Dec - Added: USAF Thunderbirds airshows schedule 2019
Added: 12 Nov 2018 | Section: Airshows
On September 22-23, the Athens Flying Week 2018 international air show took place at Tanagra Air Base. The Hellenic Air Force, Army and Navy again presented the majority of the air displays; this year including a HAF Super Puma CSAR demo.
AFW 2018 Air Show Report
- 20-24 Feb - Aero India 2019 - India
- 22-24 Feb - Wings over Wairarapa - New Zealand
- 23-24 Feb - Northwest Avaition Conference & Trade show - WA, United States
- 26 Feb / 03 Mar - Avalon 2019 - Australian International Airshow - Australia
- 02 Mar - JASDF Komaki Open Base Air Festival - Japan
- 02 Mar - Planes, Trains & BBQ - FL, United States
- 08-09 Mar - MCAS Yuma Air Show - AZ, United States
- 15-17 Mar - Space Coast Warbird AirShow 2019 - FL, United States
- 16 Mar - NAF El Centro Air Show - CA, United States
- 16-17 Mar - Lake Boga Airshow & Splash In - Australia
Air Shows Europe 2019 updated Air Shows US & Canada 2019 updated Air Shows Rest of the World 2019 updated
- 07 Jan - Serbia resumes G-4 Super Galeb upgrade
- 03 Jan - Modernised Tu-22M3M makes flight debut
- 03 Jan - Boeing to Modernize Entire Spanish Chinook Helicopter Fleet
- 21 Dec '18 - Leonardo flies first production-standard M-345
- 18 Dec '18 - Tokyo set to become second biggest F-35 operator
- 16 Dec '18 - VIDEO: JF-17 breaks cover at Myanmar air force party
- 09 Dec '18 - Royal Air Force Typhoons launch with new Meteor missile
- 22 Nov '18 - Serbia receives first out of nine H145Ms
- 19 Nov '18 - F-35B first-of-class flight tests from Queen Elizabeth complete
- 19 Nov '18 - F-35A combat power exercise conducted at Hill AFB
Added: 27 Nov 2017 | Section: Specials
Report on the Israeli Air Force hosted multi-national exercise Blue Flag 2017, which included participating by 8 air forces and some 70 aircraft. European fighters and fighter-bombers joined the F-15 Baz, F-16 Barak and F-16I Soufa of Israel, all deployed at Ovda airbase.
BLUE FLAG 2017 Exercise Photo Report
Added: 14 May 2017 | Section: Specials
On May 5th, 2017, the official retirement ceremony of the Hellenic Air Force RF-4E Phantom II took place at Larissa air base. Along with the aircraft, the 348th TRS ceased operations indefinitely after 64 years of service. It was the end of the last Recce Phantoms remaining in Europe, the last Recce Phantoms of NATO. The end of the film!
HAF RF-4E Recce Phantom Special