The Navy has cancelled the remaining 2013 performances of its Flight Demonstration Squadron, the Blue Angels. The squadron will continue to train to maintain flying proficiency until further notice at its home station in Pensacola, Fla. Read Full Story
MILAVIA - For All Military Aviation Fans
MILAVIA is dedicated to military aviation. We offer a broad range of military aviation related content for the aviation fan.
- The Air Shows section provides the airshow calendar and air show reports with photos of the flying displays.
- The Aircraft directory focuses on modern combat aircraft; fighters, ground attack aircraft and bombers in past and present service.
- The Air Forces section provides focus articles on some rarely covered air arms.
- The Specials section has various military aviation articles and photo reports covering exercises, units, and more.
- And there is much more! Enjoy!
Added: 02 Jun 2013 | Section: Specials
Report on the recent and upcoming changes to helicopter units at Holzdorf Air Base in Germany. Photos of the Luftwaffe NH90 TTH and UH-1D, Heeresflieger Bo 105, as well as the NATO aircraft participating in CJPRSC 2012.
Holzdorf Helicopter Base
- 02 Jun - Added: Holzdorf - German Helicopter Base in Transition
- 26 Apr - Added: Patrouille de France 2013 airshow schedule
- 09 Apr - Updated: F-35 Video Gallery: added new documentary
- 01 Apr - Fixed: aircraft directory popup quick navigation menu issue on webkit…
- 29 Mar - Upgraded several reports in the Specials section
- 19 Mar - Added: RAF Red Arrows 2013 airshow and display schedule
- 12 Mar - Added: Canadian CF-18 Hornet Demo schedule 2013
- 07 Mar - Upgraded: Exercise Red Flag 06-1 Photo Report
- 13 Feb - Added: Bodø Air Show 2012 Norway
- 10 Feb - Added: Mosquito Launch Spectacular Air Show
Added: 10 Feb 2013 | Section: Airshows
Ardmore Airport in New Zealand hosted a spectacular air show last September to celebrate the return of the Wooden Wonder: the de Havilland Mosquito. After years of many challenges and hard work, the fully restored Mosquito FB.26 KA114 flew three excellent displays at Ardmore. Added the airshow report featuring many Mosquito photos, also in formation with other WWII fighters and de Havilland Vampire jet, read about the restoration process and photos of the many other classic aircraft displays including the Avro Anson which returned to flight in May 2012.
Return of the Wooden Wonder - Ardmore Air Show
- 21 Jun - NATO Tiger Meet 2013 Spottersday - Norway
- 21 Jun - Parade in the Sky 75 Yrs Langley… - BC, Canada
- 21-23 Jun - Spectacle Aérien International de Bagotville - QC, Canada
- 21-24 Jun - Kavala AirSea Show 2013 - Greece
- 22 Jun - NATO Tiger Meet 2013 Air Show - Norway
- 22 Jun - Chot?bo? Airshow - D?tský den a Letecká… - Czech Republic
- 22 Jun - South East Airshow 2013 - United Kingdom
- 22 Jun - Weston Air Day - Grand Pier Airshow - United Kingdom
- 22 Jun - Carrickfergus Armed Forces Day 2013 - United Kingdom
- 17 Jun - PARIS: RUAG delivers first Dornier 228 NG to Bangladesh
- 17 Jun - RAF Waddington International Air Show
- 17 Jun - France Spotlights Pilot Readiness
- 17 Jun - US Proposes C-130J Sale to Libya
- 17 Jun - Japan Might Delay F-35 Purchases
- 17 Jun - GAO Supports Super Tucano Pick for Afghanistan Air Force
- 16 Jun - PARIS: Russia's Ka-52 Alligator looks to bite into export market
- 16 Jun - PARIS: Sukhoi Su-35 set to steal the show
- 13 Jun - Dazzling RAF Cosford Air Show 2013
- 13 Jun - Bell Boeing Awarded Contract for 99 V-22 Osprey Tiltrotor Aircraft
Added: 02 Jul 2007 | Section: Specials
Leandro reports on the Mirage 2000 entry into service with the Brazilian Air Force. Designated F-2000B/C by the FAB, these ex-AdlA fighters replaced the Mirage III last year. Featuring 100 photos of the aircraft and its pilots, including air-to-air shots!
Check it out FAB Mirage 2000s!