NSA BAHRAIN, Bahrain (NNS) -- The Marine Corps F-35B, Lightning II, conducted its first combat strike in the U.S. Central Command area of responsibility in support of Operation Freedom’s Sentinel in Afghanistan, Sept. 27. Read Full Story
MILAVIA - For All Military Aviation Fans
MILAVIA is dedicated to military aviation. We offer a broad range of military aviation related content for the aviation fan.
- The Air Shows section provides the airshow calendar and air show reports with photos of the flying displays.
- The Aircraft directory focuses on modern combat aircraft; fighters, ground attack aircraft and bombers in past and present service.
- The Air Forces section provides focus articles on some rarely covered air arms.
- The Specials section has various military aviation articles and photo reports covering exercises, units, and more.
- And there is much more! Enjoy!
Added: 07 Oct 2018 | Section: Specials
Brief history of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) and the NORAD 60th Anniversary paint scheme carried by the Royal Canadian Air Force CF-18 Hornet Demo aircraft 2018, as it visited Lake Simcoe Regional Airport, Ontario.
RCAF CF-18 Demo NORAD 60 Photo Report
- 07 Oct - Added: NORAD 60 Years CF-18 Demo 2018
- 27 Sep - Added: BAF Days 2018 - Kleine Brogel
- 23 Sep - Added: Bray Air Display 2018
- 02 Sep - Added: The Great New England Air Show 2018
- 01 Sep - Added: Luke AFB Air Show 2018
- 26 Aug - Added: Texel Airshow 2018 - Texel Airport, the Netherlands
- 15 Aug - Added: Quatorze Juillet - Paris Air Parade staging base Évreux
- 07 Aug - Added: Singapore Airshow 2018 - 50 Years RSAF
- 28 Jul - Added: AEROTORSHOW 2018 - Valence, France
- 21 Jul - Added: Rhode Island Air Show 2018
Added: 27 Sep 2018 | Section: Airshows
Report on the 2018 air show held by the Belgian Air Force at the air base of Kleine Brogel. The air displays featured F-16, F-18, Rafale, Typhoon and the Ukrainian Su-27 'Flanker' solo displays.
BAF Days 2018 Air Show Report
- 19-21 Oct - The Great Pacific Airshow - CA, United States
- 19-21 Oct - Florida International Air Show - FL, United States
- 20 Oct - Fly in Guatemala Airshow - Guatemala
- 20-21 Oct - Wings Over Houston Air Show - TX, United States
- 20-21 Oct - Hammond Northshore Regional Airshow - LA, United States
- 20-21 Oct - Féria de l'Air 2018 Nîmes - Garons - France
- 21 Oct - Jamestown Air Spectacular - Australia
- 24-27 Oct - Marrakech Air Show 2018 - Morocco
- 25-28 Oct - Gyeongnam Sacheon Aerospace Expo - South Korea
- 26 Oct - Flughafenfest Innsbruck - Austria
Air Shows Europe 2018 updated Air Shows US & Canada 2018 updated Air Shows Rest of the World 2018
- 28 Sep - Fighter jets join forces with British aircraft carrier to make history
- 28 Sep - F-35 suffers first crash in South Carolina
- 28 Sep - Lockheed Martin F-35A price dips below $90m for first time
- 28 Sep - U.S. Approves Transfer of Australian F-18s to Canada
- 27 Sep - China’s first series-produced FTC-2000G makes maiden flight
- 27 Sep - France receives first Phénix tanker-transport aircraft
- 27 Sep - Air Force awards next-generation fighter and bomber trainer
- 27 Sep - Boeing wins T-X trainer competition
- 27 Sep - Boeing Wins U.S. Air Force T-X Pilot Training Program Contract
- 27 Sep - Three Additional F-35s Land in Norway, Bring Total to Nine
Added: 27 Nov 2017 | Section: Specials
Report on the Israeli Air Force hosted multi-national exercise Blue Flag 2017, which included participating by 8 air forces and some 70 aircraft. European fighters and fighter-bombers joined the F-15 Baz, F-16 Barak and F-16I Soufa of Israel, all deployed at Ovda airbase.
BLUE FLAG 2017 Exercise Photo Report
Added: 14 May 2017 | Section: Specials
On May 5th, 2017, the official retirement ceremony of the Hellenic Air Force RF-4E Phantom II took place at Larissa air base. Along with the aircraft, the 348th TRS ceased operations indefinitely after 64 years of service. It was the end of the last Recce Phantoms remaining in Europe, the last Recce Phantoms of NATO. The end of the film!
HAF RF-4E Recce Phantom Special