As the youngest branch of the Armed Forces, the U.S. Air Force, celebrated its 70th birthday, the 4th Fighter Wing celebrated its 75th anniversary with a weekend of celebratory events and ceremonies. Read Full Story
MILAVIA - For All Military Aviation Fans
MILAVIA is dedicated to military aviation. We offer a broad range of military aviation related content for the aviation fan.
- The Air Shows section provides the airshow calendar and air show reports with photos of the flying displays.
- The Aircraft directory focuses on modern combat aircraft; fighters, ground attack aircraft and bombers in past and present service.
- The Air Forces section provides focus articles on some rarely covered air arms.
- The Specials section has various military aviation articles and photo reports covering exercises, units, and more.
- And there is much more! Enjoy!
Added: 21 Sep 2017 | Section: Specials
The Royal Canadian Air Force received a new stand of Colours. The flags were presented in a ceremony in Toronto with also a parade in the sky. The RCAF helicopters staging out of Buttonville Municipal Airport included the trusted Sea King as well as the new CH-148 Cyclone maritime helicopter.
RCAF Colours Ceremony and the RCAF Helicopter Participation
- 21 Sep - Added: RCAF Colours Presentation 2017
- 01 Sep - Added: Barrie Air Show 2017
- 24 Aug - Added: Leapfest 2017 Military Parachute Competition
- 30 Jul - Added: Italian Air Force Multi-Engine Multi-Crew Pilot Training
- 29 Jul - Added: Royal International Air Tattoo 2017
- 17 Jul - Added: APROC 2017 Rivolto, Italy
- 09 Jul - Added: Italian Fighter Squadrons' Centennial
- 02 Jul - Upgraded: Air Shows Calendar Search
- 30 Jun - Added: First Airbus A400M of the Spanish Air Force
- 25 Jun - Added: RCAF CF-18 Demo "Canada 150" visit CWH Museum
Added: 29 Jul 2017 | Section: Airshows
In celebration of the 70th anniversary of the U.S. Air Force, RIAT 2017 was attended by the USAF Thunderbirds, F-22 Raptor Demo Team, and featured fly-overs by the B-2 Spirit and USAFE aircraft. Also in attendance were the AdlA Couteau Delta, Midnight Hawks, Italian Air Force Tornado, among many other wearing special markings.
RIAT 2017 air show report
- 29 Sep / 01 Oct - Huntington Beach Airshow - CA, United States
- 29 Sep / 01 Oct - California International Airshow - CA, United States
- 30 Sep - Leesburg Air Show - VA, United States
- 30 Sep - Easton Airport Day - MD, United States
- 30 Sep - Beech River Fly-In/Car Cruise-In - TN, United States
- 30 Sep - Festival aérien Cervolix - France
- 30 Sep - Madison Airport's Riley Memorial Airshow - IN, United States
- 30 Sep - Wings Wheels & Keels - VA, United States
- 30 Sep - Middle Georgia Regional University Air Show - GA, United States
- 30 Sep - Okmulgee Airfest - OK, United States
Air Shows Europe 2017 updated Air Shows US & Canada 2017 Air Shows Rest of the World 2017 updated
- 21 Sep - Qatar closes in on Typhoon acquisition
- 21 Sep - AC-130J poised to hit initial operational capability target
- 21 Sep - 4 FW celebrates 75 years of airpower
- 20 Sep - Bolivia eyes Argentine IA-63 Pampa III light strike jets
- 20 Sep - US Army retires final Kiowa Warrior
- 20 Sep - Gripen Aggressor enters the fray in US red air competition
- 20 Sep - France speeds PC-21 deliveries
- 20 Sep - Russia to deliver 12 modernized Su-30K fighters to Angola by early 2018
- 19 Sep - Textron unit acquires 63 Mirage F1s
- 18 Sep - Maritime helicopter aircrew conversion training: The next step
Added: 30 May 2017 | Section: Airshows
Celebrating Canada's 150th anniversary the Aero150 air show was hosted at Gatineau, home of the Vintage Wings of Canada collection, and attended by the Patrouille de France on their North America Tour and of course the Canadian Snowbirds and other RCAF aircraft, the Hawk and Aurora flying displays too.
Gatineau Aero150 Air Show Report
Added: 14 May 2017 | Section: Specials
On May 5th, 2017, the official retirement ceremony of the Hellenic Air Force RF-4E Phantom II took place at Larissa air base. Along with the aircraft, the 348th TRS ceased operations indefinitely after 64 years of service. It was the end of the last Recce Phantoms remaining in Europe, the last Recce Phantoms of NATO. The end of the film!
HAF RF-4E Recce Phantom Special