Saab rolled out the first GlobalEye Airborne Early Warning & Control (AEW&C) aircraft at its Linköping site, Sweden. GlobalEye is an advanced, swing role airborne surveillance system based on a Global 6000 jet aircraft from Bombardier, which has undergone a thorough modification programme to adapt it for its role. Read Full Story
MILAVIA - For All Military Aviation Fans
MILAVIA is dedicated to military aviation. We offer a broad range of military aviation related content for the aviation fan.
- The Air Shows section provides the airshow calendar and air show reports with photos of the flying displays.
- The Aircraft directory focuses on modern combat aircraft; fighters, ground attack aircraft and bombers in past and present service.
- The Air Forces section provides focus articles on some rarely covered air arms.
- The Specials section has various military aviation articles and photo reports covering exercises, units, and more.
- And there is much more! Enjoy!
Added: 13 May 2018 | Section: Airshows
Airshow London 2017 saw an impressive line-up of the Royal Canadian Air Force, US Air Force, US Navy and ANG, with various fighter and tanker aircraft seen on arrival and performing fly-by displays in addition to the demos by the CF-18, F-35, F-22, MiG-17, Snowbirds, and more in over 400 photos!
Airshow London Photo Report 2017
- 13 May - Added: 2017 Airshow London - Ontario, Canada
- 15 Apr - Added: Exercise INIOHOS 2018
- 23 Mar - Added: Seoul ADEX 2017
- 03 Mar - Updated: HAF 117 Combat Wing - The Phantoms of Andravida
- 25 Feb - Added: Exercise VEGA 2017 Trapani-Birgi
- 28 Jan - Added: Nellis AFB Aviation Nation 2017
- 29 Dec - Added: Canadian International Air Show 2017
- 10 Dec - Updated: US Navy Blue Angels airshows schedule 2018
- 10 Dec - Updated: USAF Thunderbirds airshows schedule 2018
- 27 Nov - Added: Exercise BLUE FLAG 2017 Israel
Added: 28 Jan 2018 | Section: Airshows
The Nellis AFB Open House and Air Show celebrated the U.S. Air Force's 70th Anniversary, but also commemorated the Oct 1 2017 Las Vegas shooting.
Air Show photo report focused on the USAF Warfighters, including the F-35A Lightning II, with bonus photos of the A-10s at the Rainbow / Star Wars Canyon.
Nellis AFB Air Show 2017 : USAF 70th Anniversary
- 22-24 Jun - Slet československých letadel - Slovakia
- 22-24 Jun - River Days Tuskeegee Air Show - MI, United States
- 23 Jun - Greater Binghamton Air Show - NY, United States
- 23 Jun - FHC Pacific Theater Day - WA, United States
- 23 Jun - Longmont Airport Expo - CO, United States
- 23 Jun - Letecký den Žilina - Slovakia
- 23 Jun - Den letiště Přerov - Czech Republic
- 23 Jun - Letecký deň Nové Zámky - Slovakia
- 23 Jun - Carson City Airport Open House - NV, United States
- 23 Jun - Timişoara Evening Air Show - Romania
Air Shows Europe 2018 updated Air Shows US & Canada 2018 Air Shows Rest of the World 2018 updated
- 04 Mar - USMC prepares for F-35B maiden operational embarkation
- 01 Mar - Boeing Receives U.S. Navy Contract to Modernize F/A-18 Super Hornet Fleet
- 23 Feb - Saab rolled out first GlobalEye AEW&C
- 22 Feb - Russian Su-57 fifth-gen fighter prototypes touch down in Syria
- 21 Feb - JB San Antonio-Randolph preferred location for first T-X aircraft
- 20 Feb - US clears RNLAF for $1.19b Apache upgrade deal
- 20 Feb - First Sikorsky HH-60W Combat Rescue Helicopter Enters Final Assembly
- 12 Feb - USAF plans to consolidate bomber fleet to B-21 and B-52
- 19 Jan - A-10 returns as a single-ship demonstration
- 14 Jan - First Tiger HAD retrofit delivered to the French Army Aviation
Added: 05 Nov 2017 | Section: Specials
The naval aviation arm of the Spanish Navy celebrated its 100 year anniversary in September 2017 at the naval base of Rota. The Flotilla de Aeronaves presented its helicopters and AV-8 Harriers during the parade and during the beachfront air display.
Centenario de la Aviación Naval Española
Added: 14 May 2017 | Section: Specials
On May 5th, 2017, the official retirement ceremony of the Hellenic Air Force RF-4E Phantom II took place at Larissa air base. Along with the aircraft, the 348th TRS ceased operations indefinitely after 64 years of service. It was the end of the last Recce Phantoms remaining in Europe, the last Recce Phantoms of NATO. The end of the film!
HAF RF-4E Recce Phantom Special