The Navy has cancelled the remaining 2013 performances of its Flight Demonstration Squadron, the Blue Angels. The squadron will continue to train to maintain flying proficiency until further notice at its home station in Pensacola, Fla. Read Full Story
MILAVIA - For All Military Aviation Fans
MILAVIA is dedicated to military aviation. We offer a broad range of military aviation related content for the aviation fan.
- The Air Shows section provides the airshow calendar and air show reports with photos of the flying displays.
- The Aircraft directory focuses on modern combat aircraft; fighters, ground attack aircraft and bombers in past and present service.
- The Air Forces section provides focus articles on some rarely covered air arms.
- The Specials section has various military aviation articles and photo reports covering exercises, units, and more.
- And there is much more! Enjoy!
Added: 13 Feb 2013 | Section: Airshows
The Royal Norwegian Air Force celebrated 100 years of military aviation in Norway, which included the mid-June air show at Bodø in the north. The Swedish Viggen and Hunter joined the RNoAF historic and current aircraft, including the new NH90 and Bodø QRA F-16s. Airshow trip report, including photos of the arriving fighters and support from abroad.
Bodø Air Show Report & Photos
- 26 Apr - Added: Patrouille de France 2013 airshow schedule
- 09 Apr - Updated: F-35 Video Gallery: added new documentary
- 01 Apr - Fixed: aircraft directory popup quick navigation menu issue on webkit…
- 29 Mar - Upgraded several reports in the Specials section
- 19 Mar - Added: RAF Red Arrows 2013 airshow and display schedule
- 12 Mar - Added: Canadian CF-18 Hornet Demo schedule 2013
- 07 Mar - Upgraded: Exercise Red Flag 06-1 Photo Report
- 13 Feb - Added: Bodø Air Show 2012 Norway
- 10 Feb - Added: Mosquito Launch Spectacular Air Show
- 06 Feb - Added: USAF F-22 Raptor Demo Team 2013 Schedule
Added: 10 Feb 2013 | Section: Airshows
Ardmore Airport in New Zealand hosted a spectacular air show last September to celebrate the return of the Wooden Wonder: the de Havilland Mosquito. After years of many challenges and hard work, the fully restored Mosquito FB.26 KA114 flew three excellent displays at Ardmore. Added the airshow report featuring many Mosquito photos, also in formation with other WWII fighters and de Havilland Vampire jet, read about the restoration process and photos of the many other classic aircraft displays including the Avro Anson which returned to flight in May 2012.
Return of the Wooden Wonder - Ardmore Air Show
- 29 May - Snowbirds over Niagara Falls - ON, Canada
- 30 May / 02 Jun - Kehler Flugtage - Germany
- 31 May / 02 Jun - AeroExpo UK - United Kingdom
- 31 May / 02 Jun - Virginia Beach Patriotic Festival Oceanfront Air Show - VA, United States
- 01 Jun - 102nd Anniversary of the Turkish Air Force - Turkey
- 01 Jun - Shuttleworth Flying Evening - United Kingdom
- 01-02 Jun - Waterloo Air Show - ON, Canada
- 01-02 Jun - Wings Over Gillespie - CA, United States
- 22 May - Northrop Grumman MQ-4C Triton makes first flight
- 22 May - Final Delivery of Bell IA-407s to Iraq
- 22 May - Canada’s Sea King maritime helicopter - Golden Jubilee celebrations
- 21 May - Russia to Upgrade Peruvian MiG-29s
- 20 May - F-35B Completes First Vertical Takeoff
- 18 May - France Expects 1st Batch of Reapers Soon
- 17 May - Reds Arrows Ready
- 16 May - Germany pulls plug on Euro Hawk UAV programme
- 16 May - Rafale to expand Meteor missile testing
- 15 May - 1st Boeing P-8I Maritime Patrol Aircraft Arrives in India
Added: 02 Jul 2007 | Section: Specials
Leandro reports on the Mirage 2000 entry into service with the Brazilian Air Force. Designated F-2000B/C by the FAB, these ex-AdlA fighters replaced the Mirage III last year. Featuring 100 photos of the aircraft and its pilots, including air-to-air shots!
Check it out FAB Mirage 2000s!