As the youngest branch of the Armed Forces, the U.S. Air Force, celebrated its 70th birthday, the 4th Fighter Wing celebrated its 75th anniversary with a weekend of celebratory events and ceremonies. Read Full Story
MILAVIA - For All Military Aviation Fans
MILAVIA is dedicated to military aviation. We offer a broad range of military aviation related content for the aviation fan.
- The Air Shows section provides the airshow calendar and air show reports with photos of the flying displays.
- The Aircraft directory focuses on modern combat aircraft; fighters, ground attack aircraft and bombers in past and present service.
- The Air Forces section provides focus articles on some rarely covered air arms.
- The Specials section has various military aviation articles and photo reports covering exercises, units, and more.
- And there is much more! Enjoy!
Added: 05 Nov 2017 | Section: Specials
The naval aviation arm of the Spanish Navy celebrated its 100 year anniversary in September 2017 at the naval base of Rota. The Flotilla de Aeronaves presented its helicopters and AV-8 Harriers during the parade and during the beachfront air display.
Centenario de la Aviación Naval Española
- 05 Nov - Added: Spanish Naval Aviation Centennial
- 22 Oct - Added: Athens Flying Week 2017 Air Show
- 29 Sep - Added: Westfield-Barnes Air Show 2017
- 25 Sep - Added: ARMY-2017 Military-Technical Forum Russia
- 21 Sep - Added: RCAF Colours Presentation 2017
- 01 Sep - Added: Barrie Air Show 2017
- 24 Aug - Added: Leapfest 2017 Military Parachute Competition
- 30 Jul - Added: Italian Air Force Multi-Engine Multi-Crew Pilot Training
- 29 Jul - Added: Royal International Air Tattoo 2017
- 17 Jul - Added: APROC 2017 Rivolto, Italy
Added: 25 Sep 2017 | Section: Airshows
Report on Russia's "ARMY" military forum and exhibition, covering the latest military aircraft and displays at the event's 'Air Force Cluster' at Kubinka air base. Sukhoi's T-50 5th gen fighter and the 4++ gen Su-35S and newest MiG-35 attended, as were the new Su-30SM and MiG-29K of the Russian Navy in addition to the various upgraded types, while the Russian Knights presented spectacular display with their new Flankers.
ARMY-2017 Photo Report Kubinka air base & Alabino firing range
- 19 Nov - JASDF Open House - Gifu Air Festival - Japan
- 25 Nov - Hsinchu Air Base Open Day - Taiwan
- 26 Nov - JASDF Open House - Tsuiki Air Festival - Japan
- 03 Dec - JASDF Open House - Nyutabaru Air Festival - Japan
- 06 Dec - Finland 100 - Independence Day Parade - Finland
- 07 Dec - Key West Centennial of Naval Aviation - FL, United States
- 09 Dec - AFB Langebaanweg Air Show - South Africa
- 06-07 Jan 2018 - Great Eastern Fly-In - Australia
- 13 Jan 2018 - Imperial Aviation Day - CA, United States
- 17-20 Jan 2018 - Kuwait Aviation Show - Kuwait
Air Shows Europe 2017 Air Shows US & Canada 2017 Air Shows Rest of the World 2017 updated
- 06 Nov - International Allies Receive F-35 Full Mission Simulators
- 06 Nov - Norway Receives First Three F-35s
- 06 Nov - 339 Mira disbands at Andravida
- 05 Nov - Montenegrin military modernisation includes Bell 412EPI helicopters
- 05 Nov - Dubai Airshow flying display announced
- 03 Nov - F-35 Detachment Arrives in Okinawa
- 02 Nov - Chile eyes F-16 upgrades, new AESA radars
- 02 Nov - New long-range missile project emerges in US budget
- 01 Nov - Czech Republic shortlists UH-1Y and AW139 for helicopter acquisition
- 01 Nov - Upgrade Contract for Germany P-3C Orion Aircraft
Added: 09 Jul 2017 | Section: Specials
The Italian Air Force celebrates 100 years of its Gruppi Caccia this year. At the event at Grosseto air base. the IX, X, XII, and XVIII Gruppo each presented their Typhoon with centenary squadron markings, while.the XIII Gruppo of 32° Stormo presented their brand new F-35A Lightning II with unit markings.
Centenario Gruppi Caccia photo report Grosseto
Added: 14 May 2017 | Section: Specials
On May 5th, 2017, the official retirement ceremony of the Hellenic Air Force RF-4E Phantom II took place at Larissa air base. Along with the aircraft, the 348th TRS ceased operations indefinitely after 64 years of service. It was the end of the last Recce Phantoms remaining in Europe, the last Recce Phantoms of NATO. The end of the film!
HAF RF-4E Recce Phantom Special