As the youngest branch of the Armed Forces, the U.S. Air Force, celebrated its 70th birthday, the 4th Fighter Wing celebrated its 75th anniversary with a weekend of celebratory events and ceremonies. Read Full Story
MILAVIA - For All Military Aviation Fans
MILAVIA is dedicated to military aviation. We offer a broad range of military aviation related content for the aviation fan.
- The Air Shows section provides the airshow calendar and air show reports with photos of the flying displays.
- The Aircraft directory focuses on modern combat aircraft; fighters, ground attack aircraft and bombers in past and present service.
- The Air Forces section provides focus articles on some rarely covered air arms.
- The Specials section has various military aviation articles and photo reports covering exercises, units, and more.
- And there is much more! Enjoy!
Added: 29 Sep 2017 | Section: Airshows
The Westfield International Air Show 2017 at Barnes Air National Guard Base was headlined by the USAF Thunderbirds. A pair of Indiana ANG 122nd FW A-10s from Fort Wayne flew with Massachusetts' own 104th FW F-15s, the NY ANG provided a C-17 demonstration.
104th Fighter Wing Open House & Westfield Air Show
- 29 Sep - Added: Westfield-Barnes Air Show 2017
- 25 Sep - Added: ARMY-2017 Military-Technical Forum Russia
- 21 Sep - Added: RCAF Colours Presentation 2017
- 01 Sep - Added: Barrie Air Show 2017
- 24 Aug - Added: Leapfest 2017 Military Parachute Competition
- 30 Jul - Added: Italian Air Force Multi-Engine Multi-Crew Pilot Training
- 29 Jul - Added: Royal International Air Tattoo 2017
- 17 Jul - Added: APROC 2017 Rivolto, Italy
- 09 Jul - Added: Italian Fighter Squadrons' Centennial
- 02 Jul - Upgraded: Air Shows Calendar Search
Added: 25 Sep 2017 | Section: Airshows
Report on Russia's "ARMY" military forum and exhibition, covering the latest military aircraft and displays at the event's 'Air Force Cluster' at Kubinka air base. Sukhoi's T-50 5th gen fighter and the 4++ gen Su-35S and newest MiG-35 attended, as were the new Su-30SM and MiG-29K of the Russian Navy in addition to the various upgraded types, while the Russian Knights presented spectacular display with their new Flankers.
ARMY-2017 Photo Report Kubinka air base & Alabino firing range
- 17-22 Oct - Seoul International Aerospace & Defense Exhibition 2017 - South Korea
- 20-22 Oct - Wings Over North Georgia - GA, United States
- 21 Oct - Bonham Festival of Flight - TX, United States
- 21-22 Oct - Wings Over Houston Air Show - TX, United States
- 21-22 Oct - San Bernardino Fest 2017 - CA, United States
- 24-26 Oct - African Air Show 2017 - Ghana
- 26 Oct - Flughafenfest Innsbruck - Austria
- 27-28 Oct - AOPA Regional Fly-in - FL, United States
- 27-28 Oct - Copperstate Fly-In - AZ, United States
- 27-29 Oct - WWII AirPower Expo - LA, United States
Air Shows Europe 2017 updated Air Shows US & Canada 2017 updated Air Shows Rest of the World 2017 updated
- 28 Sep - Airbus Hands Over 50th A400M Airlifter to German Air Force
- 28 Sep - Chinese Su-35 unit identity confirmed
- 27 Sep - Aero offers L-159 upgrade
- 27 Sep - China Reveals New Photos of CH-5 Attack Drone
- 27 Sep - Angolan Su-30K breaks cover
- 26 Sep - Afghan Air Force receives first delivery of UH-60s at Kandahar Airfield
- 26 Sep - Germany, Norway sign for five A330 tankers
- 26 Sep - Bulgarian government backtracks on Gripen selection
- 25 Sep - A-10 Demonstration Team to Perform in 2018 Airshow Season
- 22 Sep - Final operational F-16s depart Hill AFB
Added: 09 Jul 2017 | Section: Specials
The Italian Air Force celebrates 100 years of its Gruppi Caccia this year. At the event at Grosseto air base. the IX, X, XII, and XVIII Gruppo each presented their Typhoon with centenary squadron markings, while.the XIII Gruppo of 32° Stormo presented their brand new F-35A Lightning II with unit markings.
Centenario Gruppi Caccia photo report Grosseto
Added: 14 May 2017 | Section: Specials
On May 5th, 2017, the official retirement ceremony of the Hellenic Air Force RF-4E Phantom II took place at Larissa air base. Along with the aircraft, the 348th TRS ceased operations indefinitely after 64 years of service. It was the end of the last Recce Phantoms remaining in Europe, the last Recce Phantoms of NATO. The end of the film!
HAF RF-4E Recce Phantom Special